Temporary residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam is subject to the provisions of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam 2014, namely:
- Condition of the renter
It is a business activity for overseas Vietnamese and foreigners to rent a house for living, to work as an office, and renter must carry out procedures for business registration in the form of individual households.
The lease must be contracted; The lease contract must be made in writing, if the lease term is 6 months or more, it must be notarized or authenticated and must be registered, unless otherwise provided for by law, unless otherwise provided by law or regulations
- Procedures for declaration
After signing the lease contract, the renter must fill in the temporary residence declaration form for the tenant at the local police office.
The content of the declaration is as follows:
– Passport, immigration declaration, temporary residence certificate and visa (if subject to a visa);
– Fill in the temporary residence declaration form;
– Make a list of foreigners declaring their temporary residence and submit them to the ward police and notify the number of foreigners temporarily staying at the police offices of wards and communes;
– Keep a temporary residence declaration together with a list of temporary residents for presentation on request.